How much time do you take to write a review ,after you are done reading a book? I know that some of you write it immediately on finishing the book while others take time. I come in the second category. I have never been able to write a review as soon as I finish the book. I need the book to sink in . It takes me some time to be able to view it impartially. Once I have emotionally detached myself from the characters and the plot I write my review. Though I find my reviews better done this way, this method has a small glitch. I have loads of books for which I have to write reviews yet :) Some really good books I read in 2009 are yet to be reviewed thanks to this week’s gap I give for writing my reviews and completely forget about it due to the number of books I read in a week . So I decided I need to take some discreet steps to tackle this situation at least for the coming year .So here it is :-
Plan of action :
1. Review of the books read , to be completed within 7 days of reading it ( I plan to use Google Calender to schedule this )
2. To take care of any back log on Sunday ,may be write short reviews for some books so that all my Read pile is covered for the week .
3. Immediately add the review to my Goodreads account ( I have been doing it but I think I need to be more systematic about this )
4. Update the Spreadsheet of books read ,I have maintained for so quite some time now.
4. Maintain a Spreadsheet of my Challenges and books read for those and update it every week so that I know where I stand in respect to the numerous challenges I have signed up for 🙂
5. Also update my Ning Group Page
6. Lastly , I will try to stick to my present template 🙂 I know I pretty much changed it every alternate day for last few weeks but I was experimenting 🙂 and I think I have found the one I want to keep .
That must do well for the blog . I think I pretty much covered it all. Let me see how well I stick to these lofty goals 🙂
Now for some reading goals.
All the posts on reading goals for 2010 on various blogs I follow, got me thinking about my reading habits. I am very moody and choosy about the books I read and rarely diversify . I think it’s time I change that . I need to pick up some new genre for 2010. I discovered YA this year and let me tell you it is a wonderful genre . Similarly I plan to add Memoirs , Graphic novels , Non Fiction and Historical Fiction in my Reading List. I am anti Vampire Zombie books but I think I need to get over those prejudices . Yes Veens , I might actually read the whole Twilight series 🙂
So, how do you have any resolutions on your reading habits or blog improvements for the coming year ?